Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Snippets III

A few random recollections of recent nocturnal escapades:

  • Going for an interview as Fraud Prevention manager at Ernst & Young, only - to my utter mortification - to bump into my current Dutch and Swedish colleagues who were there collaborating with my company on a joint Excel department. Had to beg them both not to tell our boss that I'd been for another interview elsewhere (not, by the way, that I am even thinking about moving at the moment...).
  • Taking off from a private airfield in a small plane with my boss and all my colleagues, only to see a rocket launch and explode in mid-air, scattering a load of toxic phishing mails covered with poisonous yellow powder across the surrounding countryside, and having to organise a mass evacuation of the entire area.
  • Going on a road trip with my beloved Michael Palin, who was waxing lyrical about his neo-geometric view of town planning and maximum utilisation of space / balance of urban and rural landscapes.
  • Reluctantly going on a tacky beach holiday with family and wanting to stay in spa, but being dragged out into the hot sun and sticky sand anyway (both of which I find utterly bothersome - am more the alpine than the seaside type), where I shared the only bit of shade under a palm tree with some fat old German who kept perving me up.
  • Relocating to the countryside as Sarah Jessica Parker (as in 'Did You Hear About the Morgans'), where I bailed hay and sat on a cliff ledge with some random old guy rehashing all the failings of our past relations.
  • Running my hand over my stomach and trying to work out if it was concave or convex.


No comments:

Post a Comment