Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Families...

Last night I dreamed again of returning to university for my forgotten final year (in itself another recurrent dream), only to find my beloved Auntie Anne, Uncle Chris and all my step-siblings sitting in the college common room waiting for me, much to my surprise. I was naturally very touched that they'd all unexpectedly come together to pay me a visit, but at the same time was utterly mortified that they'd also apparently all been sitting there waiting for me to turn up the whole day. Promising I'd just dump my suitcase in my nearby student dorm and come right back down to join them, I heading up to my block, only to find out that, after so many years away, I couldn't remember any more where my old room was, and instead wound up getting myself well and truly lost in the Kafkaesque labyrinth of corridors and staircases that even in real life used to make up much of the old-school Cambridge halls of residences. All the time I was of course panicking that my relatives were all still waiting downstairs, and in the end by the time I did eventually make it back down again, only a patient Auntie Anne and Chris were left. But being two of the nicest and kindest people I know, they weren't cross with me at all, and instead took me out for a lovely dinner at some trendy new restaurant where we shared some lovely red wine and I had pork medallions on a bed of potato purée topped with a cranberry jus to eat. So all in all a happy ending to this one I guess! :-))


No comments:

Post a Comment