Tuesday, May 4, 2010

More Trouble with the Law...

Yet another arrest last night for an unintentional transgression, as I unexpectedly found myself getting arrested for forgetting to pay for some jewellery in Palladium mall. Unsurprisingly, I was completely and utterly terrified at the prospect of criminal prosecution and my work finding out, and kept vainly trying to convince the security staff that I was indeed a model citizen with an unblemished criminal / academic / professional record, even working myself in online crime prevention, but no-one there spoke English well enough to understand me properly. Thankfully I woke up pretty quickly though when I saw the unsympathetic Czech security guard snap on the old cavity search rubber glove...

Apart from falling foul of Czech law enforcement, other quickie dreams of the last couple of nights include:

  • Inventing a flying boogie board and going on a hedonistic aerial joyride with my (non-existent) sister and partner in crime.
  • Forming a really strong, protective attachment to the precocious baby daughter of my aunt, who despite being only a few months old was already self-aware, able to basically converse, and loved me genuinely back (this theme is starting to become worryingly recurrent...).
  • Going on a school trip to the zoo with the Grange Hill class of '86, in the process spotting Rolly stealing all the chocolate from tuck shop and getting myself embroiled in a heated debate on 1980's racial politics with one of the more militant black boys.
  • Sitting in the passenger seat of one of Sir Alan "as sure as I've got a hole in my arse" Sugar's limos, and to my horror seeing a missile in the sky overhead, launched against Britain by Iran.
  • Belatedly finding out that when as a child I was in a TV chat show with the guy from 'Peep Show', but somehow forgot all about it - the quirky "twist" of the show was that for its duration I apparently kept one foot emerged in a toilet.
  • Body surfing in Thailand - wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

And that's pretty much it for the time being...


1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your on you most recent post - you are hysterical! I'm going to subscribe immediately.

    ReplyDelete