Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An End to my Dreams.......????????

It's the weirdest thing, but lately, my weird and wonderful dreams just seem to have all of a sudden... stopped.

And even odder, it's all since I started a completely new blog on the entirely unrelated real-life subject of the Prague dining scene ('knedliky' is Czech for dumplings, which when served up with pork and cabbage constitute the Czech equivalent to British fish & chips).

Could it be that all that nocturnal craziness was just my frustrated brain's way of telling me that I needed a new creative outlet?

Does all the mental energy that goes into the food blog by day somehow allow my subconscious to be more at rest by night?

Or is it just that, what with all these restaurants to review, I'm not staying in at home anymore drinking wine and eating cheese-laden pasta at 9 or 10 at night...?? ;-))

In some ways I'm sorry, but in others its admittedly a relief to have a subconscious (for now at least) at rest for a little while - it is actually quite exhausting to experience life as actively in your sleeping hours as you do when you're awake!

Am sure this won't be the last entry of my dream blog, and I will of course still write up if anything of particular nocturnal interest occurs - until then, however, please divert your attentions to 'Knedliky Etc' for the time being instead (though please don't let on it's me ;-)) ) and leave me finally to a good night's sleep!! ;-))


No comments:

Post a Comment